[geeks] Best Cheap Netbook?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:30:39 CST 2013

I'm currently running an 11 year old Dell C640. 1.8 ghz P4M. I've
maxed it to 2 gb & 2 120GB drives and have Xubuntu 12.10 on it.

I run out of ram & cpu regularly, especially if I make the mistake of
firing up Photoshop CS2 under Wine after Chrome has been leaking
memory for awhile. Games are essentially not playable. That 2.4 gb is
getting cramped too between being a photographer & having too big a
music collection again. The hinges are loose too so I have to lean the
top against something.

The other problem though is no budget really. With a lot of this and
that I can probably scrape up a couple of hundred over the next few
months. I do need portability. So with that thought in mind, I'm
looking into cheap, probably used, notebooks/netbooks  that while
hardly cutting edge but still be more than what I've got now.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.