[geeks] Better Micro USB cables

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 15:23:26 CST 2013

Hi everyone.

I have some OEM USB -> Micro USB B cables at about a 3 foot length.  The
benefit of these cables is that the Micro USB end has the tiny retention
clips both on the wide side AND narrow sides of the Micro USB connector.
  Whenever I've bought non-OEM cables (for example, at Monoprice), the
Micro USB connector on the cable invariably has only the tiny clips on
the wide side of the connector.  This makes them looser to begin with,
and also causes them to wear out sooner.

I'd like to have longer cables with these higher-quality Micro USB
connectors.  Preferably with nice thick power conductors.  Anyone know
any place I can get them?

Thanks.

Peace...  Sridhar