[geeks] Cheap/reliable backup?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Dec 5 14:28:15 CST 2013

" From: Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net>
"
" On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Mike Meredith wrote:
"
" >
" > If I were to put backups on anything other than disk, I'd opt for LTO
" > tape. I've heard that the data life expectancy is from 20-30
" > years probably depending on storage conditions and how frequently it
" > gets written to.
" >
"
" Still too short for my taste.  I just write QR codes to stone tablets. ;)

i read not too long ago of someone developing a ceramic cd/dvd, with
practically infinite storage life, readable on any drive.  i remember
the phrase 'museum-quality archival medium'...