[geeks] Cheap/reliable backup?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Dec 3 11:16:20 CST 2013

>>> [...] there aren't any known block ciphers with a 512 bit block
>>> size AFAIK.
>> 4096 bit.  512 _byte_.
> Ok, but I'm still using old disks with 512 bit sectors.

I didn't know there were any disks that old, or, rather, that small.
Really, 64-byte sectors?  I didn't think even floppies did that.  What
hardware are you using them with?  (I was happy when I found a floppy
drive that uses 256-byte sectors at the interface; I'm saving it not
for use as a floppy drive but for use as a non-512-byte-sector drive.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org