[geeks] Question: how to profit from a Web-connected server

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Aug 16 22:31:16 CDT 2013

From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
To: "The Geeks List" <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 6:49:06 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [geeks] Question: how to profit from a Web-connected server

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 03:38:58PM -0500, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
>>I imagine most of the bitcoiners just want to convert money/electricity
>>into drugs.
>I'm sure that some do, but far from "most."

http://lsvp.com/2013/08/15/about-half-a-percent-of-bitcoin-transactions-are-to-buy-drugs/

Of course, places that don't have an interest in seeing Bitcoin succeed
are going to emphasize the "OMG SILK ROAD DRUGZ R BAD!" angle.

(sorry my mail client doesn't quote right)

If they play up the Bitcoinz R Evil, just remember that the TBTF banks laundered some $350 BILLION of Mexican cartel drug money and no one went to jail.

Despite the fact that the cartel had custom-made boxes to cart cash into the teller windows, that were precisely sized to fit the standard teller window, for efficiency.

When Bitcoin is used to even launder say $10 million, I will be amazed.

Cheers

Patrick