[geeks] Question: how to profit from a Web-connected server

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Fri Aug 16 20:26:11 CDT 2013

On 08/16/2013 08:49 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Of course, places that don't have an interest in seeing Bitcoin succeed
> are going to emphasize the "OMG SILK ROAD DRUGZ R BAD!" angle.
>
> Bill

The "SILK ROAD DRUGZ R BAD" angle is what constitutes success for
bitcoin.  A valuable, secure, anonymous (i.e. cash-equivalent) currency
not controlled by any government is of course going to be used for under
the table transactions: drugs, human trafficking, moving money across
national borders etc

We'll know it's *really* successful when governments start cracking down
on it.