[geeks] OpenVMS Technical Journal download problems?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Aug 16 10:35:35 CDT 2013

> That (on my browsers anyway) is a link to

> http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA4-5219ENW&cc=us&lc=en

> And when I get to that is when it downloads the bad pdf that I can't
> view.

When I look at that, I get a bunch of HTML, not a PDF at all.  It does
have content saying

and when I fetch _that_ I get a PDF which Ghostscript says has only one
page, and renders that page as an Adobe ad (with a bunch of complaints
on stdout about "Unable to process JPXDecode data. Page will be missing
data.").  pdftotext just gives me the text from the Adobe ad.

Fortunately I'm not the one looking for the journal.  But microcode@ is
not the only one who doesn't get anything useful out of those links.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org