[geeks] E450 - continuing Solaris install saga

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Apr 16 00:42:53 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 01:33:48PM -0500, JP Hindin wrote:

> I foolishly assumed that Solaris 10 was not, in fact, still stuck in 1979
> and the installer could format/partition/label a disk as it went.

That happens to me a lot too since I often install Solaris over Linux,
Windows etc. It's annoying. But I guess it's better than blindly pretending
the World Belongs 2 US and just trampling whatever's on the drive a la
Windows. The messages could be better though! It's a good idea to dd drives
that will be used for ZFS if they were ever in service before. Zero the
first and last few megs to be safe.