[geeks] Android CD Inventory app

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:58:56 CDT 2013

On Apr 10, 2013, at 19:48 , Sheldon T. Hall <shel at artell.net> wrote:

> Has anyone here found a decent Android inventory app to keep track of
> physical book and recorded music collections?
>
> In particular, I'm looking for something that can read the barcode on a CD
> or book, look up the specifics of the item, and keep the results in some
> sensible database.

I went looking for something similar a few years ago and didn't have a ton of
luck. An app simply called Shelves[0] was the best I found at the time, but it
still wasn't great. I remember having a lot of database lookups for stuff on
Amazon or wherever fail as well as it simply not being able to find some
common/mainstream books or CDs.

But, on the bright side, I reinstalled it and played around a bit and it seems
MUCH improved. Based on the dozen or so CDs I grabbed to test it with, it
found all but one of them. (The one it didn't find is a Kickstarter'd chip
tunes cover/tribute of Nine Inch Nails "Pretty Hate Machine" that can only be
purchased from bandcamp.com, so I wasn't surprised.) Based on tonight's
testing, I'm going to throw my full book/CD/movie collection at it in the near
future and see how it does. And of course, I'll share my results/findings once
I do. :)