[geeks] Quiet CFLs

Robert Toegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 13:43:16 CDT 2012

Unless your kids have a habit of ingesting CFLs, you have little to worry
about (even then, very iffy).  You could try LED lamps but I've even seen
"chicken littles" scream about them because "they contain arsenic".  Normal
CFLs don't play nice with dimmers, need to get ones designed for dimmers.
Even then, you might get no light for about the first third of the turn of
the control.  Same with LED lamps.

Bob