[geeks] Quiet CFLs

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Sep 29 17:30:52 CDT 2012

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> How are determining what lamps are 'good candidates' for CFL?

Overhead lamps in rooms that I need light in more often than not.  I use
very little light at home; there's nothing to gain by replacing lamps that
I almost never use, but I can cycle old incandescent bulbs down to them.

I replaced the lights in the garage first because I kept wandering out
there for a tool, only to realize I'd left the light on from the last time
I went out there two hours ago.

> Wasn't aware of a 'buzzing' issue - curious about quiet CFLs now...

To be fair, it's not usually very loud, but the noise is -really-
distracting while practicing music.

--
Jonathan Patschke    |    "If one does not fail at times, then one has
Elgin, TX            %     not challenged himself."