[geeks] Electronics project ideas

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Sep 26 14:36:39 CDT 2012

Wow, I have never seen Electroluminescent Wire before. Phil, you're a
genius!!

   I would be willing to switch handles for this, I think. :7) And heck,
here is a cylindrical battery pack that will drive three feet of the EL
wire, for only twelve bucks:
http://www.ellumiglow.com/Electric-Optics-Waterproof-Battery-Pack-p/elw6
bp.htm Add some $2/foot 5mm wire (in Jedi green!) and some connectors,
and it's still pretty cheap.

   And naturally, other people have already done it and done it better:
http://www.thejediassembly.com/tutorials.php?id=y45
http://www.finkbuilt.com/blog/lightsabers-20/
http://www.zapwizard.com/oldsite/Guides/Lightsaber/Version2/index.html
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?16-How-to-build-a-
basic-EL-hilt

   Finally, the good people at Adafruit have an EL Wire Starter kit that
might be perfect for twenty bucks: http://adafruit.com/products/320

   Man, I just might pull this off after all!

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt