[geeks] router[s] sought

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Nov 30 18:01:23 CST 2012

" From: John Francini <francini at mac.com>
"
" > hmmm...  good to know.
" >
" > just found
" > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156270
" > $10 thru 12/2, limit 5/cust.
"
" Given how cheap unmanaged gigabit is, do you really want to limit yourself to
" 10/100?
"
" I'm always wanting the next speed up. We've got gigabit at home and in our
" office areas, 10gig arrays, servers, and core switching here in our labs.
" Itching to play with some of the 40-gig switching now available from Force10.
" Looking forward to 100-gigabit.

there is that, though i think it'll be a while before i have any gig
gear.  i'm also old enough to have been at bell labs when we got
starlan [1mb], and jumping up from 9600 and 56k, we felt we were
riding rockets.