[geeks] VIA $49 "Neo-ITX"

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:45:18 CDT 2012

The issue isn't 'would it fit', the issue (for me) is that miniITX chassis are
more expensive than more mainstream chassis (like uATX) and these boards don't
make best use of the more expensive miniITX components.

Look, I get it, there are people that install miniITX MBs in uATX chassis, but
they are paying a premium for that miniITX MB that they are putting into a
chassis that could have accommodated a similar spec'd (or better) uATX MB for
less money.

You'd pull an Atom board for this Smartphone-based board? Why? There is so
much less functionality than the Atom (256 Meg RAM, 2 Gig flash storage, no
SATA, an HDMI only video out, etc.)...

I 'get' small systems - one of my first computers was an OSI Superboard (6502
board w/keyboard, no PS or case, TV out, cassette storage and BASIC in ROM),
but I never would have pulled that system out of it's chassis to put in a
KIM-1...

Lionel