[geeks] VIA $49 "Neo-ITX"

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 25 21:48:09 CDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 02:37:53AM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>I really like the Neo ITX form factor.  I just wish it was a CPU more
>likely to be well supported.  The Allwinner A10 SoC has Ubuntu
>running on it (specifically the Mele A1000 set top box), which is
>promising.  A MiniITX board based on a Marvell Kirkwood chips used in
>the ShivaPlug units would be even more compelling (PCIe, gigabit,
>SATA).

I've recently picked up a bunch of E02-rev gray/black Pogoplugs with the
1.2Ghz Kirkwood and 256M RAM for less than $30 each new, got my Raspberry
Pi tracking number a couple days ago, and ordered a Mele A2000 (different
case, more RAM, same proc/SoC as the A1000) about a week ago.  Gonna have a
small pile of ARM boxes here in a couple of weeks. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas