[geeks] Why did Auspex lose and Netapp win?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue May 22 21:15:03 CDT 2012

On 5/22/2012 6:45 PM, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
>> Wondering if anyone can enlighten me on why Auspex failed and Netapp won
>> in the market?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auspex ???

I did not know it was that simple... I had bought a NS5000 or 7000 a
number of years ago, but then had problems putting it into service due
to power supply issues (I would have had to spring for a different kind
of service at the panel in the office I was in, or, buy a 120-220V
upconverter at a small loss of efficiency).

--Patrick