[geeks] Deltect T2000 UPS

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Mon Mar 12 12:04:20 CDT 2012

I have online and standby UPSs from Gamatronic. My standby unit worked well for 3 years and started flaking out, one day it just dropped dead during one of our frequent power outages. Their service has been outstanding, including paying for shipment both ways and replacing batteries under warranty (I bought factory direct, I'm sure that helped). The standby model I bought is no longer made and although it was great while it lasted, they haven't been able to get it fixed the last time and it is now a doorstop.

The online unit I have is from the GNET series. It has been working four years without a fault. I intend to buy another bigger GNET model when I get the cash for it. I'm very happy with the performance.

Both the units I had give you plenty of time for a clean shutdown with a lot of equipment connected. I run 3 desktops and 3 screens on the standby unit and 2 Sun servers on the online unit and I've never had a problem. As usual, get more capacity than you think you'll need, breathing room is nice to have if your power is bad like ours is.