[geeks] Domain Registrars

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Mar 5 14:01:10 CST 2012

On 03/05/2012 02:26 PM, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 18:00, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>> Anyone have any other registrar recommendations?
>
> I recommend Joker.com

I second the vote for joker.com, though my personal recommendation would
be for gandi.net.  Gandi is one of the very few registrars out there
whose terms of service explicitly state that you *OWN* your domain name,
not lease it from them or anyone else, and that it cannot be revoked
other than for non-payment or on a *successful, completed* ICANN challenge.

(Unlike certain sleazeball registrars who, at the mere mention of the
word "dispute", will immediately suspend your domain, then immediately
allow the thief^Wchallenger to buy it at auction...)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.