[geeks] Domain Registrars

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 5 13:07:18 CST 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 01:53:58PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I've been planning on trying out NameCheap.  30 seconds on google didn't
> tell me if you can transfer .name to them or not.

An attempt to start a transfer of a .name domain failed immediately.  I may end up just letting that one expire and reregistering it once available if i need to.  I don't use the domain for anything currently, and it seems unlikely that anyone else would grab dansikorski.name before I got it reregistered.  Even if they did, it would not be the end of the world to me.

	-Dan Sikorski