[geeks] Domain Registrars

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 5 12:00:31 CST 2012

I have ten domains that are registered with godaddy.  The domains are all for my own personal use and are .com, .name, .org, .net, and .me.  It's long been on my todo list to get them transferred elsewhere and today I decided to finally get that done.  Based on conversation on this list from 2009, I had planned to transfer them all to dotster, but they cannot transfer .name domains, only register new ones.  (I confirmed this with a phone call.)  Anyone have any other registrar recommendations?  I currently use godaddy to register and host DNS services, and would likely want any registrar I go with to host DNS for me again, but do not need any other services at this time.