[geeks] Battery question

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Sun Jun 10 14:37:39 CDT 2012

A question for battery wonks: can A Guy re-cell the (6V? 12V?) battery for one
of those big, plastic cars for little kids? Or if not, can you order a
compatible/identical battery from an "after market" vendor? (If memory serves
it's about half the size of a car battery.)

   My BiL has one of these cars that his daughters grew out of -- I think it's
a Barbie car -- and he has offered it to us. He says only the battery needs
replacing. These batteries are about $85 new, but after hearing all the
chatter on this list about people either re-celling their own UPS batteries or
putting non-name batteries in a UPS (instead of, say, official APC batteries),
can I do this for the battery in the car?

   Also, is batterymart.com a good vendor? Who else is?

   Or should I just pony up and buy the damn battery from Toys R Us like the
rest of the chumps?

   Thank you in advance for any advice.

- Will
--