[geeks] IBM IntelliStation 285

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 03:37:45 CST 2012

On 14 Jan 2012, at 23:48, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 12:17:25PM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
>> In case you've never had the pleasure of meeting a POWER5+ machine:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixel_mason/sets/72157628863218653/
>
> How's the noise once the cover is on?
>
> I was going through in slideshow mode so I was startled when I hit the
> "it's alive" video :)

Oh, also it's most impressive feat by far is that even with 15krpm drives
in there is no resonance, something both my zx6000 and my B50 both suffered
with.

As an offhand question, I don't suppose anyone knows where to get IBM drive
trays? They are the edge-connector type SCA SCSI 160/320 ones.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo