[geeks] any thoughts for hardening w7?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Dec 20 20:40:57 CST 2012

my gf has just gotten a new notebook running w7 - enterprise x64, if it
matters - and this is what pushed me over the edge into building my home
network out.  years ago i got the cisecurity.org tool for xp; i know w7
is harder out of the box, but while they have one for it they're not
giving their tools away any more.

i can figure a few things out, but i'll appreciate any advice.