[geeks] Keyboards!

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Sat Dec 15 23:27:40 CST 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 05:36:34PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Easy - it was a long time ago.
>
> I paid $10/each for the IBMs easily 8+ years ago.

They're worth about 40 bucks each NOS, now.

> We moved about 6-7 years ago, and the basement has been avoided for
> years. (I don't believe the $300 price as seen on eBay, BTW)

That's not an ebay price, that's a retail price from the place I bought my
Filcos. There are not many places to get Topres outside Taiwan and Japan,
which is one of the reasons they're so high. http://www.elitekeyboards.com
As far as I know, you're not going to do better than $300 unless you have a
friend in Japan who's planning a trip.

> I also just dug out my radios:
>
> FRG-7 SW Radio

Nice unit. I have one with the display burned out. I used to really like mine.

> FT-101E HF transceiver

Classic HF contest gear.

> SP-1 matching speaker for above
>
> and a Cherokee SSB 11 meter(CB) radio that has 'extra' channels

Breaker 1-9, gotcher ears on Lionel?