[geeks] So let's say you wanted something bigger than a Mac Mini...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:17:29 CST 2012

And smaller than a Mac Pro - what would you do?

Answer, you'd buy this insanely-priced ($1300) expansion chassis and turn
your Mac Mini into a 1U rackmount system with two PCIe slots (both x4 in
larger connectors) hanging off a thunderbolt port.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Sonnet%20Technologies/XMACMS/

Or you'd get one of the merely high-priced ($350) single-slot thunderbolt
expansion chassis:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/Thunderbolt/PCIe_Chassis/Mercury_Helios/

I just noticed these on OWC website and thought I'd share - I know a few
folks here were interested in something a little "beefier" than a stock Mac
Mini...

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com