[geeks] Sun CMOS PROM again..

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Dec 12 14:09:05 CST 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:41:38 +0100
Walter Belgers <walter+rescue at belgers.com> wrote:

> Jochen, do I understand correctly that you leave the old battery
> basically where it is
Yes.

> and solder a new battery in parallel with it?
No. The wire that comes up from the chip trough the resin to the top of
the battery is cut just before it goes onto the battery. (It is
typically spot welded to the top of the battery.)

You can dig into the resin with a cutter or a Dremel like tool with
samll miller. Carefully prepare the wire out of the resin and it will be obvious what I try to explain.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}