[geeks] IOGear KVM and Mac Pro

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Dec 3 03:26:23 CST 2012

Some what related to the Mac discussion: has anyone figured out how to
get a Mac Pro to respond to its boot key sequences when hooked to an
IOGear KVM?

I am unable to get to Recovery, alternate boot drives, verbose boot,
single user, etc unless I plug in a secondary keyboard and use that.

The machine evidently is not seeing keystrokes from the KVM connected
keyboard during initial boot sequences where it is checks for them.

Any ideas?

The KVM generally says in Mac mode since my PC and UNIX machines don't
seem to care.

Also IOGear seems to have removed the firmware upgrades for the GCS1102
DVI KVM.

Anyone know where I might find it otherwise? I can't seem to get any
firmware from the IOGear site.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]