[geeks] Replacing a Mac Pro 2006

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:45:50 CST 2012

On 2 Dec 2012, at 18:16, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Time to seriously consider a MacBook Pro laptop?

I don't do laptops for use on the desktop, I have a MacBook Air for
portability.

> Hackintosh?

I've considered using my Games PC for that but wouldn't honestly know where to
start, plus I believe using a NVIDIA 560 as a graphics card is a touch
complicated.

> The latest models of Mac Mini have better, but still integrated graphics...
> The i7 models should be pretty reasonable for most people, I would think.

It's the HD4000 graphics that;'s the killer. They just don't pass muster for
stuff like Aperture.

--

Ensign Gregory Able
Engineering Officer

"There's an old saying -- fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we're about
to find out..."
-- Benjamin Sisko