[geeks] 1U rackmount KVM switch

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 17 22:31:08 CDT 2012

On Apr 17, 2012, at 12:58 , Nick B wrote:

> My experience is the same, if not worse.  IOGear is, in my experience,
> cheaply built and poorly designed.  I generally like
> http://avocent.com/Products/Products.aspx though don't expect "cheap".

The Avocent stuff costs little more than IOGear, some of it less.

The main issue with Avocent is the cables are grossly overpriced, but not
enough to bother us.

They have some very, very nice datacenter management equipment. Boss pretty
happy so I'll probably be spec'ing out a KVM-over-IP setup since we can't run
the analog cable (easily) for the satellite KVMs.