[geeks] 1U rackmount KVM switch

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:44:21 CDT 2012

We use older Dell KVMs and Rack consoles at $work, and they are similarly
expandable, accessible over the network, and have dongles that are pretty
reasonable ($75/USB, PS/2 about half that), they are re-badged Avocent IIRC.

$1600 seems like a reasonable price, but no exp with IOGear hardware...

Lionel

On Apr 17, 2012, at 12:43 AM, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> The company I'm working for wants me to pick out a 1U rackmound KVM switch.
> I'm looking into the kind that look like pull-out laptops.
>
> http://www.iogear.com/product/GCL1816/
>
> That is one I'm looking at.
>
> We like them because they use a single, small cable and can use satellite
KVMs