[geeks] Looking for a Modern Motherboard w/ Dual Floppy Support

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Tue Apr 10 14:34:24 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Mike Meredith <very at zonky.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:18:49 -0400, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
>> All of the current motherboards, that I can find, if they have a
>> floppy controller, at all, only support one drive.  I have a need to
>> still use a 3.5" and a 5.25" floppy drive, so that won't work.  Also,
>
> As an odd-ball solution, have you considered something like :-
>
>        http://www.kryoflux.com/
>
> ?
>
> Perhaps a bit overkill, but does have a few advantages.

As mentioned above, I'm not sure what benefit KF has, for me, given
that I need to write more than just Amiga disks.  I'm not an
archivist, and I don't have a large catalog of original media that I'm
looking to archive.  I have a specific need for Apple DOS/PRODOS,
Atari TOS, and C64/C128 formats, mainly for the purpose of image ->
floppy and floppy -> image transfers.

Thanks!

- Alex