[geeks] job hunt

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:47:39 CDT 2012

I *think* car dealers are 'pushed' certain cars to get other cars - years ago
Ford required dealers to take an escort with each excursion, to help with CAFE
requirements - some dealers had tremendous markdowns on the escorts their lots
were accumulating, some dealers were able to trade them away with other
dealers.

Such programs would skew market prices...

Lionel

On Apr 7, 2012, at 11:23 PM, Dr Robert Pasken <rpasken at eas.slu.edu> wrote:

> My brother lives in Syracuse NY (was a network geek, before the 2008
depression) and finally had to give up his truck when the drivers side door
fell off due to rust. The cheapest price he could negotiate for a V6 manual
tranmission Ford F150 was $17k. When we were talking on the phone he lamented
the he would have to pay $17k for a truck. I was astounded as the local
newspapers had numerous dealers who were listing the cost at $12k. It was
cheaper for him to buy a round trip airfare to St. Louis spend some time with
me and then drive his new truck back to Syracuse. We have found similar price
differentials for refrigerators, washer and drier pairs and televisions. We
compare Best Buy Sunday ads prices for humor.