[geeks] OS testing, dragonfly

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Sep 14 18:40:58 CDT 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 08:12 , Vintage Coder wrote:

> Sorry for top posting, no choice with this email client.
>
> Your boot menu doesn't look identical to mine. I have kernel and UP kernel
among the choices after the install. The default is kernel (smp).

> Just guessing, since you may not have known what to look for when you
installed, maybe it installs whatever kernel you boot from during the install.

Actually their boot menu is smart enough to look for kernels.

I just copied kernel.SMP into place and it automatically build a menu entry
for it. Copying it to kernel and kernel to kernel.UP makes it default.