[geeks] OS testing, dragonfly

Vintage Coder vintagecoder at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 07:12:50 CDT 2011

Sorry for top posting, no choice with this email client.

Your boot menu doesn't look identical to mine. I have kernel and UP kernel among the choices after the install. The default is kernel (smp).

Just guessing, since you may not have known what to look for when you installed, maybe it installs whatever kernel you boot from during the install.

Can you boot the installer again in your virtualization system and see if you have option m. Select SMP kernel? If so, boot with that.

If you ask on their ng they can probably tell you how to fix this (if its not a prob with your virtualization). This has to come up often.