[geeks] Windows 7 Workstation recommendations

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:39:01 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Poking around to see if anyone has any recommendations for a Windows 7
Workstation for web development, graphics work and the like.

The following spec ideally:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
4 cores (4 or 8 threads, not bothered) (so i5, i7 or Xeon 12xx)
4GB of RAM at least (with room for 16GB)
Dual DVI (or supplied the adapters to allow said)
Room for 2 hard drives (so I can put a SSD in it)
Some kind of discrete graphics, doesn't have to be mega, but prefer a FirePro
or Quadro

Budget is around 750 GBP (not including the or extra RAM)

So far I've looked at:

Dell Precision T1600
HP W210
Lenovo ThinkCentre T20/T30

Didn't know if anyone had opinions on the above or other suggestions.
Out of those I'd prefer not to use Dell because if there's an issue they are a
pain to deal with.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: