[geeks] Introductory programming language?

Joost van de Griek gyorpb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 05:44:07 CDT 2011

On 1 Sep 2011, at 18:41 , Vintage Coder wrote:

> I know what it was intended for. I also know structured programming is only
appropriate in academia. But apparently I'm part of a small minority.

> It's all well and good all the COBOL bashing but there's a difference
between coding as a professor and actually getting work done that people are
willing to pay for. COBOL and SQL (and IMS DB) have made orders of magnitude
more money and careers than any of Wirth's fantasies.

If you see me bashing COBOL, you see things that aren't there. COBOL is my
daily bread. And I foresee it being my daily bread for years to come.