[geeks] advice?

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 1 05:37:58 CDT 2011

On Oct 31, 2011, at 21:10 , Brooke Gravitt wrote:

> hey @geeks,
>
> I'm looking for some advice on hosting. I'd like to have a (
> essentially static ) page for myself, more or less a business card if
> you will - and seperately I'd like to have hosting for my defect
> tracking & version control stuff (
> JIRA/GreenHopper/FishEye/Crucible/Git & mySQL. )
>
> I have a bunch of parked domains, any ideas or recommendations on
> cheap hosting?

I use Hostmonster (www.hostmonster.com).

Right now they are running a 50% off sale at $4/month and you get unlimited
bandwidth and disk space on their accounts.

It has an extensive control panel and with an ID exchange they give you ssh
access to your server.

I think I am on the $100/year plan. In 2 years I've not had any downtime and
it all works reasonably well.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com