[geeks] Bedini motor

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Tue Nov 1 18:44:11 CDT 2011

 On 11/01/11, Jonathan Groll<lists at groll.co.za> wrote:So, was watching
some youtube videos the other night and stumbled upon
this video/infomercial for a Bedini 'energiser':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2KtZ45nXA&sns=em

What's interesting (and not immediately obvious from watching the
video) is that this is a gadget that the so-called free energy folks
[1] are proposing as a machine that violates the law of conservation
of energy. Guess that John Bedini doesn't want to discourage people
paying
(him) lots of money for the chance to 'learn' and 'study', but also I
don't know much about John Bedini.

>From reading around [2] it sounds like what it does is desulphates
(due to temporary voltage spikes) and charges batteries. Still, an
interesting video to watch, and I would consider building one if I had
a water-wheel or windmill and wanted a flashy way to recharge
batteries.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just another piece of New Age crap.  I watched part of that video
and it was filled jargon, of which a lot was made up.  It's funny how
he/they like to throw around "technical" terms  but if you listen
carefully, not much is really said.  Those coils look like they bought
wire at a local electronics store and didn't take much off of the reel.
Did a lot of engineering on that!    Looks like an electric
motor to me and I'm surprised it gets only 23% efficiency.  In the part
I saw,  they never really  explained what that efficiency was (energy
in/energy out?)  Also interesting how there was a big bank of
batteries but on the table was a smaller bank of batteries.  Could
they be running the motor?
My advice is to look up the chemistry of lead-acid batteries.  Then
you'll see what "sulphates" are really about.  Otherwise....run.

Bob