[geeks] UK DECUS / OpenVMS licensing

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:26:48 CDT 2011

Thanks to a member of the rescue list I now have a good chance of obtaining a
DPS 500a in my local area (contribution to list operation will be forthcoming
when I get paid end of June). I would like to run OpenVMS on the system
alongside probably NetBSD (somewhere familiar to retreat to when VMS scares me
into submission ;)).

I would like to get OpenVMS legitimately if possible, and I know it can be
obtained using a Hobbyist license, the problem is that you need to be a member
of a local chapter of the DECUS User Group and I have no idea how to contact
the UK DECUS or obtain membership credentials.

Can any active DEC users in the UK assist?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>