[geeks] WTB: Low price DEC Alpha or AlphaPC board (UK)

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat May 28 21:05:10 CDT 2011

Subject pretty-much says it all I'm looking for a relatively low cost
DEC/Compaq/HP Alpha either something workstation sized (workstation or
**small, easily movable** server). Ideally sub-200 GBP/300 USD shipped but
slightly flexible as I know Alpha gear holds its value.

DEC Alpha remains one of the last bastions of machines I've never owned but
always wanted. I think it's time I corrected that.

Only eBay find so far in-budget is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEC-Digital-Personal-Work-Station-DPWS-433A-/3504619975
66?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item519929b1fe#ht_1387wt_1141

I'm ideally looking for a machine that will run Tru64 and/or OpenVMS.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>