[geeks] Crackpot project, need some guidance

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 19 20:30:49 CDT 2011

" On Jul 18, 2011, at 12:17 PM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker) wrote:
"
" > and don't forget that obp is written in forth.
" _______________________________________________

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" I seem to recall that one of the major uses of Forth was in controlling
" telescopes - I seem to recall reading that in the Byte "Forth" issue from a
" few decades ago...

forth was created by an astronomer, b/c there wasn't anything out
there that could do what he needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_%28programming_language%29 for
more...

btw carl helmers is a bit of an astronomy geek.

" Now I feel old.

i got my start as an electronic tech working for carl -before- he
started byte, building an 8008 system he designed.  old enough...