[geeks] Mac definitions

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Sat Jul 16 15:13:41 CDT 2011

 Quoth erie patsellis ...

> I was fortunate, having access to a C152, C172, a Cherokee
> and an Arrow II to fly, and having a retired CFI that enjoyed
> spin training. He would reach down and kill the fuel control
> on the C152....

Heh.  My CFI did that, 40 years ago.  The handle came off the valve, with
the fuel off, so I landed it in a field ... that had just been spread with
about 3" of hog manure.  Just before it had rained that morning.

We got the valve back on, got fuel back to the engine, I learned to make a
soft-field take-off, and we made it back to the airfield.  The plane looked
pretty bad, and smelled worse.

The lineboys hated us.

-Shel