[geeks] Mac definitions

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 16 15:01:03 CDT 2011

On 07/16/11 15:36, erie patsellis wrote:
> Yea, I've seen that too often with lots of newly minted PPL's, and the sad part is in the
> R172K I flew in, spinning was fun, recovery fairly simple and altitude loss minimal. Even
> worse, I have seen quite a few pilots that transitioned from a C152/172 to a Cherokee or
> (god forbid) an Arrow and run one tank dry, land dead stick, and then realize why...

So what's the story on tankage on the Arrow and Cherokee?  I might need
to know some day.

> BTW, I've always considered the lap belts in a Cherokee/Arrow to be a mechanism to simply
> transfer the bruises from your head to your upper thighs when flying through choppy air..;)

IMHO, ALL private light aircraft should have full harnesses.

But then again, IMHO, all private light aircraft should be stressed for
[at least] light aerobatics.  But in practice, I'm fully aware that most
of them very definitely *aren't*, and will come apart under only a few Gs...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.