[geeks] Mac definitions

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Jul 15 22:04:23 CDT 2011

> [T]he stupid antics that people who can't be arsed to stop and think
> get up to cost us huge amounts both in terms of money for liability,
> and in things we can no longer do because some imbecile did something
> so brainstampingly stupid that it's difficult to comprehend [...]

The problem is not that someone did something brainstampingly stupid.
_That_ problem will pretty much always be with us.  The problem here -
as I see it! - is that the US legal system is willing to hold person
(or, more likely, company) B legally liable for failing to prevent
person A's mindnumbing stupidity from having its correct consequences.
A legal system that's willing to apply basic intelligence, to toss such
a thing out of court and slap the initiator with a "frivolous suit"
penalty, would fix that problem in jig time.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org