[geeks] Crackpot project, need some guidance

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jul 15 12:26:05 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 04:52:25PM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:

> > 2. Do you already know any languages?
>
> PHP. Not an ideal starting point but it'd make a cool web page :)
>
> It'd be an interesting way to learn C/C++ or Python though too. I want
> to pick up those at some time.

If you want a cool web page for the simulator, then do the simulator in
javasceript.

If you want to use the same language for all parts of the project, then
also use Node.js (javascript on the server), assuming you aren't using
SPARC for your servers (Node.js depends on V8, but I don't believe that
V8 support SPARC yet :(  ).