[geeks] Mac definitions

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 14 21:30:42 CDT 2011

On 13-Jul-2011 19:33, Bob wrote:
>> Chances are that if there was no engine it was for the better. Back in
> those
>> days the engines would end up in your lap when they got pushed through
> the
>> firewall.
>
> And when have you seen an engine pushed through the firewall?   I never
> saw one.

My father used to run the local city traffic bureau for a few years as a
cop. Engine intrusion was a major cause of injury and death.

Newer cars which keep the engine away from the occupants are a lot safer.

Shoulder belts were also a big improvement. Lap belts had a bad tendency
to efficiently pivot the occupant into the dash.

Side note: Unfortunately almost no cities have traffic bureaus now, and
the results are pretty terrible: most traffic law is now driven by
revenue, roads are designed by people with no knowledge of traffic
accidents and management, and cops have no idea how to work accidents now.