[geeks] Mac definitions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:25:49 CDT 2011

It would make sense to keep the air bags 'armed' when the car is turned off -
turning the car off doesn't prevent it from being struck, and also doesn't
mean the car is empty.

The fallout for not protecting a passenger in a parked car could be huge, esp.
if the injured passenger is a child/infant...

I can imagine the court case:

"you disabled the air bags when the car is turned off? Why?"

"Uhm, I don't know..."

"so this child is maimed, scarred for life, because you decided to disable the
safety devices when the car is turned off, and you can't even explain why?"

"Uhm"

"my client considered their car a safe environment, in no small part because
of the air bags you advertise are in the car, but they had no way to know
they'd be turned off when the car wasn't running, and you can't explain why?"

"uhm"

Lionel