[geeks] Mac definitions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:03:58 CDT 2011

I saw it work in the last (I hope!) Die Hard movies, they trigger an air bag
deployment to get the car doors unlocked... So they must work when the car is
turned off ;^)

Seriously, I don't know.

My point was (IF) the airbags could be triggered w/ a bat an a few well-placed
strikes, a vandal could render a car worthless in a few minutes without much
fuss...

Pounding on doors and quarter panels till the damage exceeds the buyout on the
car would likely take much longer, unless you happened to hit a few impact
sensors...

Lionel

On Jul 12, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

>> A vandal w/ a baseball bat could 'total' such a car with only a few well
>> placed hits (OK, maybe a sledgehammer) - that seems wrong.
>
> Would that even trigger the sensors?  Are they impact or inertial?  Do they
work if the car is turned off?  Regardless, it's easy for a vandal with a
baseball bat or sledgehammer to total a car without triggering the airbags.