[geeks] Mail Clients With "Masquerade"

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Jul 8 15:30:18 CDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:22:44 -0500 (CDT), Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> I'm told that I don't use email the same way most people do.  That's

Actually most sensible people don't use email most people do :)

> Is this odd feature available in your mail client or one you know
> of?  I could hack it into alpine, but I'd rather not needlessly
> duplicate effort.

I've not followed your requirements closely - too far into this glass
of Isle of Jura for that, but have you looked at Claws ? I can (and
have) setup multiple 'accounts'[0] available from a pull down box when
composing email, and you can setup a processing rule to automatically
select an account when you select a mail folder.

The problem is that I'm not sure how nicely Claws would play with
Procmail ... it should work (it's mentioned in the FAQ) but you may
have to be a bit careful configuring it.

0: Intended for use for what you would expect, but by setting up an
   account that doesn't fetch mail ("None (SMTP Only)") you can fiddle
   around with addresses and/or sigs as much as you like.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  ... indeed, there is something vaguely dishonourable in having lived