[geeks] Smart phone data usage

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jul 7 11:53:59 CDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> If they'd ever fix their focus bugs, I'd be pretty happy with Apple's X11
>> distribution.
>
> I'm given to understand that some pretty smart people have looked at
> this problem and concluded that, as a result of design decisions Apple
> made in their UI layer, the focus problems in X on OSX *cannot* be fixed
> without re-implementing the whole Apple UI layer.

That doesn't make intuitive sense to me.  When running in rootless mode,
the X11 window objects presumably have some sort of peer object in the OS
X window system; making them work in some other way would be a whole lot
of work.  Why would they work in a matter different from other
multi-window programs on the system?

--
Jonathan Patschke |
Elgin, TX         | "He who is contented is rich." -- Lao Tzu